Monday, December 18, 2017

Gratitude Monday -- Soup, Glorious Soup Edition

Today I am grateful for soup. I am also very grateful to its precursor bone broth.
I have a wee touch of the flu and not appetite to speak of. Because of that I am weak, and it takes me awhile to form a thought as to what to do about it.
Yesterday morning I realized bone broth was just the thing.  A few hours later, after a hot toddy and a nap, I wondered did I have any in the freezer?
The wondering took so much out of me that it took another nap to realize I had to make some.
I did that and in a few hours I was able to have a fortifying cup of broth.
Then I turned it into soup for us.
Bone broth is versatile that way, and for it I am grateful.
At times like this I think of what my Aunt Myrtle said,"Soup is good because it goes to all parts of you."
Thank you, soup.


3 comments:

messymimi said...

Soup is so often just what we need. It's time to make more gumbo here.

solarity said...

I try to always have some soup frozen for just such occasions.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

crabby mcslacker said...

I am so impressed! You felt like crap and still cooked up some home made bone broth and soup?

Um, and you just happen to have bones on hand to make it with? That is TRULY admirable.