Monday, December 4, 2017

Gratitude Monday - Mice Ideas Edition

I like to use writing props. I find they help with my stories and even if they don't, I still think they do.
They include, but are not restricted to, a stag that's actually a candle holder,  an analogue clock, a staff that I collected and drew on all by myself, and the latest, four mice.
My husband sewed the mice for me. I am grateful for that.
One mouse required glasses.
I wondered how to do that, then remembered we have pipe cleaner around.  A few simple twists and the biggest mouse has his glasses.
They are positioned around my computer for my current project, and for it I am grateful.

4 comments:

messymimi said...

Your inspirational props sound intriguing. What a blessing to have a husband who sews, and your own creativity to think of how to give the mouse glasses.

solarity said...

For once your picture consented to enlarge, so I could see the mice. Their adorable ears!

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Tabor said...

What a great idea, using those tools. Children book I am guessing. I had fun reading the titles of your books as well!!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Messymimi. I am so grateful Mike sews, and he bakes, too!

Mike is thrilled to hear about the ears, Mary Anne.

Tabor, thanks. It's currently fairy-taleish, but not really a children's book. That said, I have barely started.
The books are there for when I need impetus.