Monday, May 30, 2016

Gratitude Monday--All Avocado All The Time Edition

We are currently enjoying a blessing of avocados. We had more than a dozen in the fridge the last few days and I am grateful for each and every one of them.
Despite buying them at staggered times and as mean and green as we could find, they got together and ripened simultaneously.
Fortunately they keep in the fridge for 10 -12 days. But I was not about to let this bounty go to waste. I've experimented with them from time to time in the past and discovered that avocado tzatziki, Guacziki as my husband calls it, is wonderful.
But I wanted something different.
Sunday morning I made avocado brownies. They are creamy as all get out, but I should added more sugar. It's a formula I am happy to work on.
Later on I whipped up a batch of avocado hummus. It was pretty good. Perhaps a tad thin in that I didn't use chickpeas in it, but still it captured the flavour and that is what matters.
I am grateful my experiments turned out and I am grateful I thought to conduct them.

Avocado brownies

4 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I love avocado. I rarely buy it because hubby is not a fan. Thanks for sharing your experiments...it is always interesting to see what you have come up with!

Leah J. Utas said...

My pleasure, Bag Lady. Experiments are fun.

messymimi said...

We are big fans of avocado! If you perfect the brownie recipe, i'd love to have it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Messymimi, I make no promises, but I am sure I will make them again. if I get the formula acceptable I'll let you know.