Monday, April 11, 2016

Gratitude Monday -- I Include Me Edition

Yesterday I decided I wanted beanizza, that is, a bean pizza.  I make them fairly often because we both like them,
I am grateful for a variety of reasons with the biggest reason being I have the skills, materials, time, and ability to make the thing I want to eat.
I've adapted a regular dough recipe for gluten free and I use a commercial flour for it. Robin Hood Gluten Free Flour makes a wonderful dough. It takes a tad more liquid that called for in a regular recipe, but figuring it out is pretty easy.
I'm grateful I put the bean recipe together for the topping, and I am grateful we both like it.
I am grateful that there's a type of fake mozzarella that is awfully good. Yesterday's had really mozzarella, some cheddar, and the fake mozzarella.  They were tasty.
I've figured out how to turn tomato paste into a pretty good sauce, got the spicing sorted out, and learned that the dough can rise and then rest in the fridge until I need it.

While I am not trying to brag, the point must be made that whenever we do something that works out we should take a moment to let ourselves know we've done well.

Few people hesitate to say how badly they've screwed up. They'll go on and on about how awful they are. That's just as much bragging and saying how great you are.

I am not saying I am great or the best, I am saying I figured out a thing and it is a hit and for it I am grateful. And I include me in that expression.

The beanizza in question.
I challenge you to find something about yourself for which you are grateful.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bam! This post hit me right in the bread basket. I had an interview on Friday and all my mind keeps doing is reminding of the one thing I DIDN'T say that I should have. My mind apparently can't recall all the good things I did say. I am grateful for being aware of the great trickster (my mind) and can only continue to remember not to believe everything I think.

The beanizza looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing the wonder that is you!

Leah J. Utas said...

Kimberley, minds are like that. That's the ego part tripping you up. Remember all the good stuff about you.

Oh, and the beanizza was pretty good.

solarity said...

Something about myself I'm grateful for? There's so much! I like being me. But yes, being able to cook is a big one; I keep on, year after year, being surprised by the helplessness of people who can't (or who think they can't.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Excellent, Mary Anne.

Tabor said...

Today I am fighting a semi-nasty head cold and I guess I am grateful that I am smart enough to rest and drink fluids!

messymimi said...

Today i'm grateful i can work.

Hilary said...

You're so right. We have the tendency to not only point out our own failures but to dwell on them. I'm grateful I'm grateful that I had the strength make the decision to extricate myself from verbal abuse despite a very unsure financial future.

Leah J. Utas said...

Tabor, yes you are.
Messymimi, it's a good thing for which to be grateful.
That's definitely good, Hilary. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Update. I have a second interview coming up this week! Yay me!

Leah J. Utas said...

Yay!