Monday, August 24, 2015

Gratitude Monday--GadZukes!

The zucchini pictured below came to us courtesy Mike's mom. She had given us many of them this year including one that makes this entree look meager.
I am grateful for the zukes and for the bounty of the garden in general.
The zucchini pictured below measured 30 cm (12 in. in the Old Tongue). My husband carved it into a pair of fine boats for our eating pleasure.
We ate the one topped with cheese and I froze the other one for a later day when garden fresh is but a fond memory.


A regulation -sized zucchini was added for perspective.

8 comments:

Tabor said...

You can freeze zucchini??? Who knew?

Leah J. Utas said...

Tabor, it can be chopped and blanched or cook it first. I'm going to roast a few more for later zucchini boats and for veggie pasta.

solarity said...

I like to use it sliced instead of pasta in lasagna. Otherwise, I like my zucchini really small.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Small is easier to handle, Mary Anne. But this big ones have their place.

messymimi said...

That looks delightful! Now i'm hungry.

Leah J. Utas said...

It was pretty good, Messymimi.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I have received zucchini bounty from a friendly gardener as well. Cooked it up with garlic and tomatoes and froze it. Can't get enough of it!

Leah J. Utas said...

That sounds nummy, Kimberley.