Monday, December 1, 2014

Gratitude Monday -- Another First

Today is the 26th anniversary of my first day  on the job as senior reporter for The Mountaineer.
I am grateful I was hired.
It meant I got to move here to Rocky.
Yesterday I celebrated the anniversary of the day I moved here. It was the best move I ever made.
This is for a variety of reasons, notably it is where I met and married the nice man who is my husband.
It is the chief reason I stayed.
I no longer work for the newspaper. Instead I spend my time at home writing books.
I am grateful for this, too.
The underlying reason I am able to do this is I was hired by Brian Mazza. He had taken over as editor of his family's newspaper a week or so earlier. He needed a reporter.
Be it fate, providence, or a simple case of right place, right time, I am grateful.

7 comments:

DJan said...

I'm glad you are so happy with things in your life. I am grateful, also, for having found you to follow! :-)

Leah J. Utas said...

Oh, thank you so much, DJan.

messymimi said...

It's a joyful thing when it works out this way!

Leah J. Utas said...

Aye, it sure is, Messymimi.

Hilary said...

I'm sure it's all of those things plus your own ability to do the job needed. I'm happy for you, Leah.

solarity said...

It is nice to be in the right place at the right time. I have been, now and then.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Tabor said...

So you landed in the catbird's seat and stayed!