Monday, May 28, 2012

Gratitude Monday -- Nature's Symphony



Spring is blooming.
The nanking cherries are blossoming in the front while the crabapple trees are starting to flower.
The pine siskins are back and loud and happy. My early mornings are filled with songs of wrens, swallows, robins, chickadees, sparrows, the occasional call of the red wing blackbird, a flicker from time to time, and a nesting pair of merlins across the street.
The world is living and vibrant and full of promise.
I can sit outside in the front and enjoy full sun in the afternoon, or rest on the back porch at sunrise with my coffee and the feathered symphony.
For all of this and more I am grateful.



10 comments:

messymimi said...

Smiling at the images you evoke. Enjoy the coffee and song.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Messymimi.

Tabor said...

Ah yes, I remember spring. I think it was about 8 weeks ago! ;-)

the Bag Lady said...

I am listening to a robin as I type this - LOVE it!
And the photo of the cherry blossoms is gorgeous, cousin.

Reb said...

Beautiful blossoms. I too am happy to hear the birds and see the new growth.

Leah J. Utas said...

Tabor, we take our time here.

Bag Lady, robin song is wonderful. Thanks.

Reb, yes, they are. Spring is such a happy time.

Red said...

Bird calls and songs are awesome. I like the warblers as they have great pipes and are so busy.

Leah J. Utas said...

Agree completely, Red.

Hilary said...

Spring is as lovely in your words as in it actual appearance here, a short while back.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Hilary.