Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two Sentence Tuesday --Bound to Write

Pussy Willows - Nature's WIP
Dead Broke cooled enough for me to read it over and do some minor editing while I checked for larger problems. I'm tickled silly to say that it does not appear to have any huge problems. That said, it may be that its flavours haven't matured yet.
For now I'm going to just take care of the typos. I'll let it sit again, but not for long. I think this one can go out in a few months and try to make its way in the world.

Once the read over was done I decided it was time to get going on Bound.  The idea's been kicking around since November or so. I did a few world-building exercises for it. I could have done more, but realized they'd gone from an exercise to an excuse.
I have more than 2000 words now.  I intend on knuckling down on it soon.
For context I've added a few more that two sentences

Bound:
"She'd blot it from her mind as she'd done with so many uncomfortable feelings over the years. She'd dance with Johnal at least once. She'd dance with him all night if she could, but if it led to anything else she'd forfeit her training. Acolytes must be virgins."
*
Last week I read Jean McNeil's The Ice Lovers (McArthur and Company, 2009). The setting is Antarctica a few years from now and that's what attracted me to it.  She certainly did her homework for it, even went there.
It's an okay book, but it's not compelling enough to read again. That said, she got it published and it caused me to buy it.  That's more than I've accomplished.
Two sentences:
"She said, ' I never know what time it is on base.'
'Time doesn't matter here.' "
#
Thanks for being here. For more or to get in on the fun, please visit the Women of Mystery.

10 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Glad to hear you're pleased with Dead Broke!
Your lines are intriguing, and I look forward to more!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Cousin.

Laura K. Curtis said...

Excellent sentences--can't wait to se more!

Bossy Betty said...

Love it when those great sentences come along! Happy writing!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Laura and Bossy Betty.

Dawn said...

So glad you're glad. A sense of accomplishment for sure!
Your 2 new sentences are intriguing...I'm wondering what the plot is?

Wish time didn't matter so much here!

Reb said...

Can't wait to read Dead Broke, I am glad you are pleased with it. I found your new lines interesting too.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Dawn. I haven't distilled the plot down to one sentence yet. I think it may be quite fluid.

Reb, thanks. I know you'll have your chance someday.

messymimi said...

Keep pushing toward your dream. Your words make me want to read more, and to go back and read slowly to get more out of it.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you for your support, Messymimi.