Friday, July 11, 2008

Tamed Beauty

My husband loves plants and they love him. He speaks to them and they smile and grow.
He took this photo of a mariposa lily in his garden at his mother's house outside of town.

This is a lupin with columbine behind it. It's growing in the flowerbed on the east side of our house. This photo and the other two were taken by me.

The peony at the bottom of our front steps. Yes, it's a repeat photo, but I like it and the flower is very pretty.


Old berries set against new leaves on the hawthorn tree in the back yard. Beauty is where we find it.


Summer is in full bloom. It lasts only a short moment and must be enjoyed.

14 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Beautiful flowers!

Summer does go by too quickly--good point about enjoying its beauty while we can.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thanks, Crabby. I'll pass the compliment on to Mike.

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah - gorgeous photos! And not blurry, like mine usually are. The new camera is working well for you!

Leah J. Utas said...

I'm doing what I can, df Bag Lady.
Thanks.

the Bag Lady said...

Did you get either of the emails I sent you?

Missicat said...

All the photos are beautiful, but I especially love the second one. Very nice shot!

Leah J. Utas said...

BL - I did and I responded.

Missicat- Thanks so much. The lupin against the columbine is one of my favourites, too.

Hilary said...

Wow.. gorgeous shots, Leah. So vibrant and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures!

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary and Mark, thanks. The flowers are beautiful and a pleasure to shoot.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the color is SO sharp and the photos are lovely!

Reb said...

Lovely photos Leah! I like Mikes shot of the lily, you can see the texture of the petals. Beautiful flowers and the colours are great.

Thomma Lyn said...

Oh, such beautiful flowers -- gorgeous pictures. I love full-bloom season. Flowers at the peak of their glory! :)

And I enjoyed your pictures of the Badlands from yesterday. Yes, the Hoodoos look like really cute space aliens to me, too!

Leah J. Utas said...

Manager Mom, good to see you here.
Thank you. I'm very pleased with the lens.

Reb, the one advantage of the Fuji Finepix is the macro setting. It does really good close ups.
But oh yes, the color definition from the Pentax is incredible.

TL, they really are lovely. My husband loves flowers and plants and that's the chief reason they do so well.
Glad to know I'm not alone in seeing space aliens in the hoodoos.