Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blogiversary, Belated

My very first post was a year and 10 days ago. I didn’t have much to say that day. I was simply getting going and wanted to mark the moment.

It’s taken me awhile to get comfortable. I first thought I ought to Say Something Important. This did not last as I don’t always have Something Important To Say.
It’s been a fun year. I’ve written about seeing a ghost in broad daylight, and a unicorn. I’ve written about how important it is to be a Love Warrior and how great it is to be a BITCH.
I posted photos and made friends. I look forward to reading other blogs each day and I love getting comments.
And, I’ll be honest, I like the opportunity to voice my opinion about whatever comes to mind.
It’s given me the opportunity to express gratitude in public and it’s been a great place to post stories that would otherwise languish in the back of the hard drive.

I was computerless for the big blogiversary day, November 17, but I had a friend visiting for the weekend so I celebrated friendship face to face.

I still need to observe it in some manner. I need your help. What is the appropriate dessert for a one year blogiversary?

12 comments:

Hilary said...

There is only one dessert for a Blogaversary... Blog Forest Cake, of course.

Happy First! :)

Leah J. Utas said...

Blog Forest Cake. Excellent suggestion, Hilary. Thanks.

the Bag Lady said...

dfLeah: the Bag Lady has had to ponder this question. She has been a faithful reader ever since you started blogging, even if she was too shy to comment for many, many months! Of course, once she started commenting, you couldn't shut her up! And now look where we all are! Such fun we have had.
The Bag Lady thinks you should write a new story to celebrate your Blogiversary. Of course, that is only because the Bag Lady loves your stories... ;)

Leah J. Utas said...

I do have one more story in the vault, Bag Lady, and Dog willing I'll post it on Friday.
I still must have a celebratory dish. Perhaps if I post a recipe for something it'll count as dessert and story?

Crabby McSlacker said...

Well Happy One Year Anniversary! (Of course I'll say it again during the official blogiversary celebration.)

I love Hilary's suggestion of the Blog Forest Cake--which could be accompanied by Blog Grog of some sort.

It's been so fun to have been following along for most, if not quite all of the year. Always enjoy reading what you have to say!

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Crabby. I like the Blog Grog notion. Maybe I'll see about inventing it today.
What would go best with Blog Forest Cake?

Reb said...

Oh, Happy Blogiversay! I must say, that like the bag lady, you are the reason I am blogging and I have been with you from the start. (Now everyone knows who to blame - sorry!)

As you are so good at turning things upside down to tickle their bellies, why not have an Upside Down cake of some sort, my preference is always Chocolate, but mom used to make one with Pineapple too & I have also heard of Peaches being used.

Leah J. Utas said...

Good idea, Reb. An upside-down tummy tickle cake.
I make the pineapple variety as well as other fruit, plum for instance, and I think I've made peach.

I learned how when dad was staying here. He wanted pineapple upside down cake because of one your mom had made in 1968. He'd never forgotten it (it was that good) and he just had to have another.

Sure. Blame for for getting you blogging just because I'm in the middle.

Leah J. Utas said...

umm, that should be "blame me for"

I hit publish when I meant to hit edit. Sigh.

Reb said...

Oh and you could have upside-down margarita blog grog! Or is that going too far?

the Bag Lady said...

Mother did make a fabulous upside-down cake, even if it did have pineapple in it (the Bag Lady and pineapple don't get along). Perhaps a chogolate upside-down cake with cherries (Blog Forest Cake), served with Blog Grog, after a meal of Frog Blog Legs and Steamed Blogolli (with cheese sauce, of course). Sounds blogsolutely lovely. (OMG, sounds like the Bag Lady's off her meds...)

Leah J. Utas said...

Interestingly enough, dfBagLady, the cake you described is eerily close to what's in the oven right now.
It's an Upsidedown Blog Forest Cake with cherries, brandy,and some melted chocolate from a German dark chocolate bar. It'll be quite the tummy-tickler.
I've yet to work out the recipe for Blog Grog.