Thursday, December 21, 2006

It’s just a bunch of words.

I haven’t written much about writing yet. In part because the blog is new, but mostly I don’t have much to say about it at present.
I write because it’s what I incarnated to do. I decided when I was five years old that I’d write a book. It’s just a bunch of words, I remember thinking. To my five-year-old mind that was reasonable. Of course a book is a bunch of words. But they’re put together in an interesting, compelling, enlightening or informative way.
I think that’s what’s been giving me problems over the past five years. I’ve haven’t got that interesting, compelling, and entertaining business down yet.
So I’ll plug away. I’ve got some ideas. I like to think my hypnosis and meditation scripts are fresh and interesting. They work, too, and that’s really important. No point writing self-help books if they don’t help anyone.
But there’s no point in doing them if they’re not published. So it’s back to figuring out what’s so all–fired special about my work because all I’ve got now is a bunch of words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but one of these days that bunch of words will find the way to the someones who need to decifer them. Period. Keep bunching up those words.

amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks buddy.

Anonymous said...

I think I was another writer with this dream from a young age. I used to write mini-books, which were stories with illustrations of a few pages, I'd staple them together and give 'em to my family.

Like you, I'm still trying for the elusive novel though.

Thanks for commenting on my blog and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year.

Leah J. Utas said...

I like your mini-book thing.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, Benjamin.
Best of the season to you, too.