Monday, August 15, 2016

Gratitude Monday --Up To It Edition

I am so grateful that I get to go hiking in the mountains pretty much whenever I want. My husband and I have gone out at least a dozen times since mid-April and each one has been wonderful.
We've often gone on hikes along the David Thompson Highway, that's the road that links Rocky Mountain House to the Banff National Park gate. We've got great hikes in Clearwater County and I am beside myself to live here.
We've also gone into Banff or Jasper Park for hikes. I am tickled even sillier to live so close to these magnificent mountain gems.
On Saturday we went to Banff Park and did most of a hike that goes to an old, abandoned forestry lookout on Mt. Sarbach.
It was hot and humid. I was in a plodding along in a steep pitch, that is, walk 10 feet and rest for 30 seconds or so. Mike went on ahead to scout the trail for us.
When he came back down we decided we'd done enough and turned back.
I am grateful I got as far as I did, grateful we turned back when we did, and so very, very grateful that with each hike I go farther up the trails than I ever have, that I have what feels like boundless energy to do it, and that we have the time to go out for drives and hikes in the Rockies.

Here's a pic looking south from somewhere high up on the trail.



6 comments:

solarity said...

I rejoice that you are able to do these hikes. I am grateful that you bring us back pictures.

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

You're welcome, Mary Anne.

messymimi said...

What a blessing to be able to hike and enjoy such places!

Leah J. Utas said...

It truly is, Messymimi.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to live!

Leah J. Utas said...

Aye, it's the best, Kimberley.