Monday, June 27, 2016

Gratitude Monday -- One Gratitude Leads To Another Edition

I have a great deal to be grateful for, and for that I am grateful.
On the weekend before last my friend Sylvia and I had a girls' weekend in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. It was a blast.
During it we did some spur of the moment shoe shopping. A family-owned shoe store on Main Street was said to have hard to find sizes. I have small, hard to fit feet.
I found the best pair of hiking shoes ever.
I bought them.
They are wonderful.
This past weekend my husband and I went camping and did some hiking in Jasper National Park. For this I am grateful.
The new shoes got a thorough tryout on the Valley of the Five Lakes Hike.  We ended up going about 8. 3 km ( about  5 mi. in the Old Tongue).
We did a shorter, steeper hike the next day.
Though I am a bit footsore from all the walking the hikers worked well and I am grateful I bought them.


One of the five lakes in the valley.

9 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Yay for 1) girl's weekend, 2) new hiking shoes, and 3) going hiking!! Sounds like things are wonderful in your world!

Leah J. Utas said...

Bag Lady, they are, and they keep getting better.

solarity said...

Gratitude for good shoes is deep. I have a few, but they're hard to find. I must make the effort to take some hikes, now that my foot is behaving slightly better.
(I am not grateful that blogger doesn't bother to show me new posts for a day or two. I am grateful that your blog gets me to make the effort to hunt for it.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne, thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Shoes that feel good are still elusive to me. One day. Glad your feet are smiling and your time away sounds lovely.

messymimi said...

And i thought Blogger was only keeping new posts a secret from me.

Great shoes are worth the hunt, pregnancy and much wider feet taught me that, so i'm glad you had a nice time with your friend and found great boots into the bargain.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, Kimberley and Messymimi.

Bossy Betty said...

Good hiking shoes are like wearing great SUV's on your feet! Glad you found some good ones. Lovely picture!

Leah J. Utas said...

Love simile, Bossy Betty. Good to have you back.