Monday, January 4, 2016

Gratitude Monday -- A Spectacular Winter Day Edition

We went for a drive out west yesterday. We went along the Forestry Trunk Road. That won't mean much to most readers, but know that it is gravel, narrow, and has foothills and/or mountains on each side plus some flats.
We stopped at the Elk Creek Fish Pond and did a bit of snowshoeing then went on to Ram Falls where we walked to the falls but not down the stairs to the lookout.
From there we continued north to Nordegg where we saw a herd of wild horses down the hill from the industrial area.
It was a spectacular winter day; warm and bright and blue and white.
I spent it in the mountains and in the company of my husband and I am grateful for each of them.


5 comments:

solarity said...

Sounds good. My days off are awfully full, but I need to make time to walk in the woods for more than the twenty minutes I managed to fit in last Thursday. (I'm happy to skip the snow-shoeing, though.)

Mary Anne in Kentucky

messymimi said...

A lovely way to spend a day, especially in the company of the one you love.

Leah J. Utas said...

Mary Anne, a walk in the woods is good for the soul. I hope you get a chance soon.

Messymimi, it was the best.

Anonymous said...

Wild horses? That sounds fantastic. The whole experience sounds stellar. I haven't tried to snowshoe, but with the right gear on and the promise of a hot beverage after, I think I would give it a go.

Chris said...

I haven't been out yet this year, but I absolutely love snowshoeing.