Monday, February 4, 2013

Gratitude Monday -- No Penny For These Thoughts

Thank you, one cent piece.
The humble penny has had it
It was once made of copper and was occasionally referred to as a copper. It got too expensive so the copper was mixed with cheaper materials. Soon that got too expensive to make so the government killed it.
No more pennies for our thoughts or spending a penny (been many a year since a pay toilet cost a penny, methinks) or penny candy.

As sad as I am to see it be no longer struck, I do feel better that it will remain legal tender, and for that I am grateful.




7 comments:

messymimi said...

So logical to stop making them, the world will go on, methinks.

MIz said...

love your monday gratitudes.

Leah J. Utas said...

It will, Messymimi, but it is sad to see them end.

Thanks, Miz.

the Bag Lady said...

Farewell, sweet penny, I've collected you many.

(Oh, that sucked, didn't it?)

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love the penny poetry bag lady!

Hmm I'll try too:

Pennies are
'Sposed to bring luck.
Personally I
Think they Suck.

'Fraid I don't share your gratitude Leah but am glad the old copper kind make you happy. I'm grateful SOMEONE likes pennies. :)

David Cranmer said...

A superior Gratitude Monday, Leah. Well done.

Leah J. Utas said...

Fine sentiment, Bag Lady.

Crabby, my goodness. You sure don't like 'em, do you?

David, thank you.