Monday, May 16, 2011

Gratitude Monday -- A Robin's Story

I'm grateful this fellow stopped by for a visit. His mate was on a different part of the railing, but was camera-shy.




Here he finds potential nesting material along the garage.




Then a quick dunk in the bird bath.



Shake to dry.

And he was on his way.

We don't often get robins on the deck railing so that was a treat in itself. Also,  they weren't much for using our birdbath as they preferred a group splashabout in the local mud puddles.
I moved the bath last week. Perhaps it is more favourable at the far end of the garden.
I hope so.

11 comments:

Laurita said...

I hope he becomes a regular visitor. They have such a pretty song - just the thing to improve any day.

the Bag Lady said...

The birdbath must be in a good location now. I hope the robins found a suitable place to build a nest, and that it's close enough you'll see them periodically.

Leah J. Utas said...

Laurita, he was back for a quick dip in the evening. It's always good to hear the birds.

Bag Lady, I think it is. It's got cover from the crab apple tree and it's far from the house. I suspect they're nesting close by.

Bossy Betty said...

I love robins and we don't get any around here. Thanks for the peek at these!

Leah J. Utas said...

No robins? Oh, sorry to hear that. You're welcome, Betty.

Nancy said...

I have been enjoying the quail in the mornings. I love to wake up to birds. :-)

messymimi said...

Listening to the birds as i hang out the clothes in the morning is my favorite time of day. They really do add so much to life.

Tabor said...

My robins move in grand masses and do not linger. I see them so much more closely when I dog into the city.

Leah J. Utas said...

Nancy, me too. Never heard a quail in the morning.

Messymimi, they sure do. I have my morning coffee outdoors with a lovely avian chorus.

Tabor, are you just a waystation to them?

Hilary said...

Robins are so lovely. I like your peek-a-boo views of this little guy.

Leah J. Utas said...

So true, David.

Thanks, Hilary.