Saturday, July 26, 2008

Again With The Bragging

Along the Columbia Icefields Parkway in Jasper National Park

The Mountaineer newspaper has seen fit to put up my latest freelance piece on its website.

It's a story on two sisters, Lane and Amanda Green, who left Rocky when they were young to study ballet at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet. One is now a member of the professional company while the other recently joined the Alberta Ballet after several years dancing in England.

I did several stories on them over the years and was very pleased to catch up with them.

The photo above has nothing to do with the story. Even though it's a wee bit fuzzy I like it.

12 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Great Story, dfLeah! Those sisters have both accomplished so much, and sound like amazing people.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Leah J. Utas said...

dfBag Lady, thanks and you're welcome. It was a pleasure to interview those two.

Reb said...

Wow, great article. They sounds like amazing girls. Ditto Sis.

Love the photo!

Leah J. Utas said...

Reb, they really are. Thanks.

Thomma Lyn said...

What amazing, talented young women. A wonderful piece, Leah!

Thomma Lyn said...

p.s. - the photo is breathtaking!

Leah J. Utas said...

TL - They're both very talented and dedicated.
Thanks.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

df Leah,

Very well written article. I find these young women to be amazing. They are so dedicated to their art and yet they sound like very nice normal girls.

Thanks for letting us know about your article, That's not bragging it's sharing with friends.

Terrie

Leah J. Utas said...

dfTerrie - I'm tickled to be able to link to my story and to have it read. I had such fun writing it. I've known them since they were 10 & 12 and they were always dedicated, hard-working, focused and very level-headed.

Hilary said...

Great job on that article. I'm happy for you that it was published. And that beautiful but wee bit fuzzy shot suits my moderately fuzzy eyes this morning. ;)

Leah J. Utas said...

Hilary, thank you so very much.
It's the evening light of that shot that I find so enticing. Glad you like it.

Thomma Lyn said...

It's me again! I have an award for you on my blog. :)