Monday, April 2, 2007

Final Notice To Negativity Believers

Negative people are such a drain. They have no joy in their lives and they don’t want you to have any either. I’d venture to say their whole reason for living is to suck the joy out of life.

All events in their lives are bad. No solution is viable. No matter what is suggested to them as a way to get through the problem it is impossible.
They’re quick to tell you exactly why it can’t work and why nothing else will work either. You’re wrong, they’re right, and it’s hopeless.

It’s not hopeless nor is it the end of the world. If something did go right for them, though, then it would be the end of their world. Therefore, you can’t win with these people. They’d be lost and rudderless, unable to cope with hope.

I feel sad for these people, but that’s where it ends. I’ll have nothing more to do with then, and I’ll not entertain any more of their whining.

Stop telling me what you can’t do and start telling me what you can.
If you chose to not do that, then get out of my life.

I refuse to be weighed down by your lack of faith, hope and light.

Consider this your final notice.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Well said. Negativity invites more negativity. As Thich Nhat Hahn said, you are like a television. You have the ability to turn to whatever "channel" you want. Some people forget they are the master of their own tuner.

Marilyn Braun said...

I used to live with someone who was like that. I wasted 9 years of my life with him - I can't say it was bad though, I met my husband shortly after I'd left him. Had I left sooner it probably wouldn't have been the case.

Living with someone like that just sucks the life right out of you.

rosemerry said...

I had a friend like that. But now I don't talk to him very much because he refuses to try and improve his life.

He does suffer from depression which causes the largest part of his negativity. But I found that I couldn't hang around him anymore.